A few reasons:
– The impetus was Salty who was pushing to hike a big trail together. We’re no longer spending time with each other, but this plan has been set in motion.
– My goal has been complete the PCT at some point/I’d like to finish what I started/enjoy the rest of the trail adventure.
– Started this in 2014 with a less settled mindset. Maybe completing the trail in a semi more settled mindset will be full circle/bring a sense of completion.
– A good time to escape the heat of Moab is July + August.
– Looking forward to seeing and meeting both friends and friends of friends near trail, off trail, and on trail.
– Use this shift in perspective as an opportunity for reflection on where I am, where I’ve been, where I’m headed, feelings, thoughts, and such.
– Endorphins are fun.
– Landscapes are beautiful.
– A challenge is always an opportunity for learning and growth.
– Trail life is liberating, interconnected, heart opening, special.
– Unearth new perspectives and goals.
We shall see. The trail provides.